To all the men, I have a question for you, Are you serious about your health? If I compared you to your female counterparts, you are more likely to smoke and drink, make unhealthy choices and put off regular check-ups and medical care. So, you need to pay a close attention to your lifestyle as women do.
Most important aspect of your lifestyle is “What is on your plate?”, for good health good nutrition is critical. Healthy food not only gives your body the nutrients it needs but it also keeps weight under control.
If you are overweight, it can increase the chances of developing certain chronic conditions, like:
- Blood pressure
- Heart Problem
- Kidney and liver cancer
Overweight? Check If You Are Or Not.
There are several measurements to determine whether your weight is in a healthy range or not. It is called the Body Mass Index (BMI). Which is calculated as the ratio of your height and weight. Certain BMI range is listed below:
Less than 18.5 means Underweight range
- 5 to 24.9 means Normal or Healthy range
- 25 to 29.9 means Overweight range
- 30 means The Obese range
If your BMI lies from 25 to 30 then you are at a higher risk for developing health issues listed above.
Want To Improve Your Health; Follow The Path.
One will think that what you eat it doesn’t matter, but that not true. It’s not just one food or nutrient that helps you to prevent disease and live a longer and healthier life. A combination of different foods and their combined effect helps the body to stay fit and healthy.
So for that, you have to calculate the calories you need to eat in a day, it can vary depending on age, weight, fitness level and whether you want to gain, maintain or lose weight. When you have calculated the number of calories to intake then it’s time to know what to eat to full fill that calories?
Now your daily diet should have:
- Vegetables: Green vegetables like Spinach, Peas. Some Beans, corns and other.
- Fruits: Whole fruits are preferable as juices lack in fiber. So eat fresh fruits.
- Whole Grains: Grains like Rice, Oatmeal, and Popcorn, food contains grains like Bread and Cereals.
- Low-fat dairy products: Milk, Yogurt, Cheese and fortified soy beverages.
- Protein food: It includes Seafood, Meat, Egg and Soy products.
- Healthy Oils: Olive, Soybean, Sunflower, Corn, Safflower and Canola.
Some Points To Consider:
The daily diet should limit the things listed below:
- Sugar: Any kind of sugar whether brown sugar, corn sweetener, honey etc. They should be less than 10% of your calories per day.
- Saturated fats: Food like red meat, poultry with skin and dairy products like cream, butter, and cheese. They should not be more than 10% of your calories per day.
- Sodium: It should consume less than 2300 mg per day.
- Alcohol: Moderate drink means not more than two drinks per day.