The first common question which arises in one’s mind is “What is Heart disease in women?” and the most common question which can come to your mind can be “Is there are types of heart diseases?” So let just know about these two question with some more details.
What is Heat Disease?
Heart disease usually describes problems which affect the heart. The common type of heart disease is Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Cardiovascular disease is also the name of heart disease, these disease includes diseases of blood vessels, and these also include coronary artery disease, vascular disease and stroke.
What is Coronary Artery Disease?
The most common type of heart disease is Coronary Artery Disease, in which plaque builds up on the walls of the arteries that carry blood to the heart. This build-up causes the arteries to narrow and harden which is called atherosclerosis, it prevent the heart from getting all the blood and oxygen it needs which can lead to angina or chest pain.
What are The Common Type of Heart Problems That can Affect Women?
Some of the most common types of heart disease which can affect the women are listed below:
- Atherosclerosis: This condition happens when plaque build-up in arteries over time which causes the arteries to narrow and harden, which can further develop as a blood clot hence causing the heart attack.
- Heart Failure: This condition happens when the heart is not able to pump the blood through the body as it should.
- Arrhythmia or Irregular Heartbeat: This is the problem with the rate or rhythm of your heartbeat, in which heart may beat too fast, too slow or with an irregular rhythm.
- Atrial fibrillation: It is a type of arrhythmia, which make it easier for your blood to clot because your heart cannot pump as well as it should.
- Heart valve disease: This disease affects the valves of the heart which control blood flow in and out of different parts of the heart. An infection, old age or birth defect can cause your heart valves to not open and close completely.
What are The Heart Problems That Affect Women More Than Men?
Different types of heart problems that affect women more than men are:
Angina or Chest Pain:
There are two types of angina.
- Stable angina: Most common type of angina, women with stable angina may experience chest pain during physical activity or at the time of stress. This chest pain usually goes away with rest.
- Variant (Prinzmetal’s) angina: This is a very rare unstable angina, it is caused by a spasm in the coronary arteries. It can lead to painful attacks often while resting or sleeping.
Cardiac Syndrome X:
A health problem that happens when healthy peoples, with unblocked arteries, have chest pain and coronary artery spasm. When artery pinches itself close that condition is known as spasm. The cause for this disease is still not known but some possible causes include Coronary micro vascular disease or MVD and Hormonal change.
Broken Heart Syndrome:
It is also called stress-induced cardiomyopathy, it can even happen if you are healthy. The causes for this disease is still unknown. The symptoms of broken heart disease include extreme stress, intense grief, anger or surprise. It symptoms and test result are similar to heart attack but with no blocked arteries, so it is easily treatable.